Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Refinished Piano

 The before picture of this piano doesn't show how damaged and in need of repair it truly was.  The top of this piano had the finish worn off along with many scratches on the entire piano.  The left leg was broken and cracked in places.  For this piano I sanded it down, repaired damages, fixed the broken leg, and pulled it apart to refinish it.  After preparing the piano and taping off all the musical parts I lacquered, distressed, glazed, and clear coated it.  I don't feel the picture does it justice.  I did this to my own piano.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So how much work was that piano? I have my parents old orange stained piano and have been wanting to re-finish it.... I just don't have any idea (or the guts) to take the whole thing apart. Maybe a bid is in order? (We'll see what Pete thinks about that... haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You should come by and see it in person. I need to take better pictures of it because that one certainly doesn't do it justice. It was no easy task and you are certainly dealing with some sensitive bits and pieces and you have to mask very carefully, but the end result was awesome!

    ReplyDelete